20-step guide for self-assembling your kitchen
- Study your plans and select a simple carcase, eg QF800 to assemble first.
- Assemble cabinet using supplied 50mm HOSPA screws in pre-drilled holes. Use a table or bench to assemble cabinets. Fit drawer runners to drawer units. If you are assembling a base corner unit QFFC that you place the shelf into the cabinet before screwing the last component together it is impossible to add the shelf once you have assembled the cabinet.
- Once assembled, turn cabinet upside down and fit adjustable leg mounting blocks. Once mounting
blocks are screwed onto the carcase then know the adjustable leg into the mounting block
and adjust each leg to the prescribed height.
- Place cabinet into approximate position 16mmoff wall.
- Repeat steps 2 - 4 until all basecabinets are assembled and placed in their approximate positions.
- Fasten BASE cabinets together using MCON connectors. Ensure that the tops and the fronts of cabinets are flush and that no screw heads are proud of the melamine. DO NOT fasten cabinets to wall.
- When BASE cabinets are screwed together you need to check their position, making sure they
are off the wall and square to the room. Using a Spirit Level and preferably a long straight
edge, level the cabinets by adjusting the windup legs. Level left to right and front to back
- Once cabinets are level and in correct position, fix to the wall using supplied 16mm melamine packers between the cabinets and the wall (fixing hardware not supplied.
- Place counter tops onto cabinets and checkfor size. You may need to scribe the backs of the counter tops to make them fit if your walls are not straight. mark centre line of site joins
and remove tops. Cut out section of full top in corner units to allow access for joining bolts. Place counter tops back on cabinets and check that you have access to the joining bolt from the underside of the corner cabinet. DO NOT glue counter top joints yet.
- Assemble and fasten overhead cabinets to wall. Remember to allow for end fillers and end panels between some cabinets.
- Mark out cut out for your cook top and sink. Make sure that the hotplate will line up with the range hood cabinet and that the sink bowls fit in the required cabinet. Using a jigsaw, perform required cut outs. It may be necessary to cut out part of the front rail of the cabinet under these cut outs. Allow for this when marking out cut out.
- Check to make sure appliances fir the cut outs. Counter top joins may now be glued together. Use 6 - 8 hour Araldite and clean up with thinners (not supplied).
- Check forn overhang of counter tops and equal out. Fix counter tops to front rails and BTFix fittings in cabinet back.
- Fit all remaining cabinets and end panels.
- Fit assembled drawers into carcases.
- Push and screw hinge mounting plates into pre-drilled holes.
- Fit doors and drawer fronts.
- Mark handle position holes, drill and fit handles or knobs. Before drilling the holes, check by opening each door that you are drilling the handle holes on the correct side of the door.
- Fit kick boards, bins to doors or any other associated hardware.
- Clean up, remove stickers using a heat gun or hair dryer, and congratulate yourself.